What's Your Online Sales Communications Technique?
What Ankur Should Have Written
So in our example, here's what Ankur should have written to start a conversation with Janet.
Regarding your upcoming trade show in Vegas ... I have an idea that could drive more pre-qualified decision-makers to your booth. It may not be a fit. But it works for three of our clients who compete in your space.
Are you open to hearing more? If not, no worries.
The above message is:
- Atypical — after connecting on LinkedIn, most sellers send an un-researched message
- Shorter than average
- Provocative based on what is known to be important to the target
- Focused exclusively on the buyer, not seller
- Sparking curiosity (what is this idea that works for three competitors?)
- Open (feel free to say no ... a big psychological trigger)
What's the most prominent trait of today's best sellers? Communications technique.
Make yourself indescribable to your employer. Put more money in the bank. Make yourself attractive to future employers.
Do it. Today. Develop a communications method to start conversations exploiting all tools: email, phone/voicemail, LinkedIn and direct mail.
Use the above bullets as your guide. These are the success principles. Put them to work in your environment today! Good luck.