Sales: That's How Social Media Beats 'Big Data'
The truth is your target market probably has five big objections you must overcome to win them over—to earn a new customer relationship or grow an account. If you're a smart marketer (and I know you are) you've got to ask yourself: How will this new "big data" trend help me overcome these objections and sell more, more often?
Can big data help you get the job done? Should you invest in it with this expectation?
I've been the biggest social media skeptic I know. Yet, I'm living proof: Social media has the power to help a B-to-B brand create leads and sales like few other sales or marketing tools can—even better than big data which, at its core, amounts to educated guessing. I dare say the rush toward big data sometimes feels like another solution looking for a problem!
Social Rocks at Overcoming Objections of Customers
At risk of bursting your big data bubble ... your customers likely have the below objections and your butt is on the line to get more prospects past them. Your prospective customer does not:
- Understand your thing (product or service)
- Want to value your thing
- Believe YOU—that your thing will do what you claim
- Think they can actually DO what you want them to take action on (use your thing to create the needed result)
- Feel like they can afford it
What's the common element that could solve the above problem? What's the killer ingredient that changes everything for your prospect?
Confidence + Trust = Leads
The key to effective B-to-B selling has always been helping customers believe, not in the product, but in themselves—so much that they pull the trigger and buy. Social marketing offers powerful tools to:
- create irresistible curiosity in your product or service;
- help customers get confident—help them feel like they CAN get what they want, on time, without any heads rolling and even with a sense of joy and accomplishment.
Even more exciting, once customers believe in themselves, they trust the source of that confidence. That source can and should be you.