I Dare You: Create a Brand Challenge!
- Call a customer and have a meaningful conversation about their brand experience and insights.
- Clean out your brand closet ... what do you need to let go of?
- Take a BrandAbout field trip and visit five brands not at all related to yours. See what you learn.
- Take a BrandAbout field trip and visit five brands very much related to yours. See what you learn.
- Make a branding TO DON'T LIST.
- Figure out your brand verb.
- Take a customer service person out to lunch and LISTEN to their experiences.
- Simplify one process.
- Spend a day in another department.
- Find something interesting that your brand did 5 years ago, 10 years ago.
- Eliminate one thing that does not enhance your brand.
- Get a reverse mentor in some area.
- Send a thank you to someone internally.
- Send a thank you to a customer.
That's it. I dare you!
Andrea Syverson is the founder and president of creative branding and merchandising consultancy IER Partners. For 20+ years, Andrea’s joy has been inspiring clients with innovative approaches to branding, product development and creative messaging. She’s the author of two books about brand building and creating customer-centric products that enhance brands: BrandAbout: A Seriously Playful Approach for Passionate Brand-Builders and Merchants and ThinkAbout: 77 Creative Prompts for Innovators. You may reach her at email@example.com.