I Dare You: Create a Brand Challenge!
- Call a customer and have a meaningful conversation about their brand experience and insights.
- Clean out your brand closet ... what do you need to let go of?
- Take a BrandAbout field trip and visit five brands not at all related to yours. See what you learn.
- Take a BrandAbout field trip and visit five brands very much related to yours. See what you learn.
- Make a branding TO DON'T LIST.
- Figure out your brand verb.
- Take a customer service person out to lunch and LISTEN to their experiences.
- Simplify one process.
- Spend a day in another department.
- Find something interesting that your brand did 5 years ago, 10 years ago.
- Eliminate one thing that does not enhance your brand.
- Get a reverse mentor in some area.
- Send a thank you to someone internally.
- Send a thank you to a customer.
That's it. I dare you!
E Andrea Syverson Author's page Andrea Syverson is the founder and president of IER Partners, which has guided and strengthened brands of all sizes with savvy best practices for creating customers for life. Combining her passion of adventurous listening and working across diverse industries, her "outsider-insider" creative branding and merchandising expertise and objectivity has been valued by companies as diverse as Spanx, Ben & Jerry's, Celestial Seasonings, CHEFS and Boston Proper. She holds an MBA and has dedicated more than 20 years to providing clients both domestic and international with innovative approaches to branding, product development and creative messaging. She is the author of two books in which she shares her hands-on approach for both brand building and creating customer-centric products that enhance brands: ThinkAbout: 77 Creative Prompts for Innovators, and BrandAbout: A Seriously Playful Approach for Passionate Brand-Builders and Merchants. You may reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.