How Less Frequent Blogging Is Creating More Leads for B-to-B Bloggers
But having something new and useful to say works better and is the key to successfully using LinkedIn for sales leads, for instance.
Here is the mythbusting system in a nutshell:
- Make the myth clear up front: You're dismantling popular wisdom to prove it wrong (just like I did in this blog post!)
- Offer proof of better way—again, up front
- Create a pathway for prospects to get more details (to create leads!)
The Role of Original Thought
No, no, no say the experts. Google demands a constant stream of content. Indeed, it does, but what those same experts avoid confessing is powerful:
- The role of original thought is becoming increasingly influential in search engines given how ranking algorithms factor in the spreading of thought-leading ideas by humans (prospects).
- Netting more and better leads means creating "dramatic distinction" and irresistible curiosity on your blow.
Ironically, infrequency of blogging and reaching beyond curating content is the it's the key to getting found and making social media sell for you.
Follow These Steps: Take Action Now
Popular belief is powerful stuff. It's what cements our habits ... keeps them in place. Yet the status quo represents a big opportunity and always has. Social media gives B-to-B bloggers the chance to exploit the essence of truth-telling at the expense of every business's enemy: mediocrity.
Mythbusting also works because it's the story everyone wants to hear: "what you're doing is popular yet not effective... here's the secret on what actually works."
This creates distinction in what you're offering.
To generate a lead start blogging in a way that creates:
- Confidence: Shine a light on the success your unique perspective brings; do it in a way that gives prospects clarity; help the customer feel like they can experience success too.
- Curiosity: Explain your remedy in a way that creates clarity AND curiosity.
- A Way: Give prospects a way to immediately act on the thought you just provoked; help them choose a pathway to make the needed change a habit in their everyday lives.
My clients and I are having a lot of success by focusing messages away from very popular (yet unproductive) beliefs that stymie our clients' success.