The Web Site That May Change History
* During the following four months, the Unity08 machine will be gearing up as operatives work to register the party in all 50 states and territories, and candidates for president and vice president—Republicans, Democrats and Independents—will emerge, make their positions known and answer questions all via the Internet.
* The Unity08 Web site will be a forum for furious debate, since, for the first time, delegates can weigh in with their ideas and attention will be paid.
* In June 2008, the Unity08 virtual nominating convention will be held online with millions of delegates taking part in the nominating process.
* Gavel-to-gavel coverage will only be available on the Internet. This means cable and network news—as well as newspapers—will be unable to create phony scoops and generate buzz, because their noses will be pressed against computer screens just like the rest of us.
* At convention’s end, a knight—or knightess—will ride onto center stage, electrifying the media and turning what threatened to be yet another lackluster presidential campaign into a real horserace for the four months to Election Day.
It’s a grand time to be alive!