Survey Finds Social Media Tactics Atop the Minds of Marketers
Social media strategies have come out on top in a survey released this week designed to determine which marketing tactics will be most used by businesses this year.
The survey of 532 readers of the Online Marketing Blog — the blog of Internet marketing and SEO firm TopRank — revealed most respondents intend to focus on blogging this year, followed by using Twitter and SEO.
Readers of the blog were polled between Feb. 20 and March 2, and asked, “What 3 digital marketing channels & tactics will you emphasize in 2009?”
The top 10 tactics selected include the following:
- blogging (34 percent);
- microblogging/Twitter (29 percent);
- SEO (28 percent);
- social networking (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn) (26 percent);
- e-mail marketing (17 percent);
- social media monitoring and outreach (17 percent);
- pay-per-click advertising (14 percent);
- blogger relations (12 percent);
- video marketing (10 percent); and
- social media advertising (7 percent).