Nuts & Bolts- E-commerce: Be Everywhere, Global E-sellers
International marketers need to be in all online channels to maximize exposure to their audience, says ChannelAdvisor. In its "Multichannel E-Commerce Study" announced on Aug. 13, the Morrisville, N.C.-based SaaS e-commerce solutions provider details benchmarks for global e-tailers.
Among the places to be are:
- 90 percent of e-commerce marketers sell on marketplaces such as Amazon, Best Buy and MercadoLivre.
- 84 percent of surveyed e-commerce marketers are selling on Amazon.
- 63 percent are selling on eBay.
- 62 percent of marketers selling internationally think that Amazon gives them the best opportunity to sell.
- 30 percent report 21 percent to 30 percent of their sales come from international marketplaces, which include sites like MercadoLivre, La Redoute and Trade Me. Global e-commerce sales may reach $1.4 trillion in 2014 , with marketplaces leading the way, ChannelAdvisor projects based on eMarketer figures.
For the research, ChannelAdvisor surveyed more than 200 U.S. and U.K. e-commerce marketers who had brought in $3 million to $5 million in revenue in 2013.