New Arrival: Pronto.com Offers Social Shopping Features
Pronto.com (www.pronto.com), a comparison-shopping site that is an operating business of New York-based IAC/InterActiveCorp, (www.iac.com) has launched new community features that allow users to rate products, interact with other users, write reviews, and gain insight from trusted peers and other like-minded shoppers.
Pronto.com currently provides consumers with access to more than 70 million products from more than 65,000 online retailers directly on its Web site. With the launch of new social tools, Pronto.com can help shoppers weed through all of these product choices by allowing users to express themselves through the products they like, want and own, therefore helping others make better, more informed shopping decisions.
Pronto.com's new social shopping functionality includes:
- User Profiles -- Users can create personal profiles consisting of their favorite products, brands and stores as well as personal pictures and answers to profile questions.
- Brand and Store Level "Likes" -- Users can express their interest in particular brands and stores in addition to their favorite products, providing other shoppers greater insight into their tastes and style.
- Lists of Top Liked Products -- Users can quickly see the most popular products in a category based on the number of people who noted that they "Like" the product.
- Social Networking -- Registered users on Pronto.com can invite their friends to join their personal network so that they can share knowledge and opinions on products.
- Peer-to-Peer Messaging -- Users can communicate with each other via private messages to discuss products, brands and stores.
- Local Filtering -- Users can track the hottest trends in their city by searching the most "Liked" products by region.