Denny's Zinger of the Day: The Barack Obama Team - Lousy Communicators
Yet another story of an Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) success hit my archive today.
1. This is Kentucky, where Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has threatened to obliterate Obamacare and cripple this presidency.
Today's entry is about a rarity—a happy insurance broker. The coda:
By December 2014, [David Combs] expects his new agency to hit $1 million in revenue-the most business he's done in his 15 years as a broker in Kentucky.
What's more, Obamacare has contributed to dramatically lower health care costs.
Obama's P.R. People Are Ditherers
Dozens of such success stories come out every week.
From the beginning The White House press office should have set up a system of collecting first person accounts of:
- People who died because of pre-existing conditions.
- Happy survivors saved by Obamacare.
Every day a new, deeply personal a moving story should have been sent over the wires and the person made available for interviews.
Instead, well-financed opposition P.R. operatives have successfully generated widespread fear and anger.
Americans will die as a result.
Takeaways to Consider:
- "Successful P.R. is letting people in on what you are doing." —Evelyn Lawson
- "Editors are lazy. You give them a story in usable form and they'll run it, rather than going to the trouble of creating a new one." —Evelyn Lawson
Denny Hatch’s new book is Write Everything Right!
***** Five Stars The best part is that this book is not just for authors, journalists, and other professional writers, it is for everyone. After all, everyone uses writing in some part of their lives and the way that you write reflects you as a person. Hatch provides you with a ton of tips that will help you turn your writing into something that people will be sure to read —Scott