Denny’s Zinger: From OAT — A Marketing Masterpiece!
Our neighbors across the street are inveterate travelers (India, the Galapagos, Cuba, etc.). Everywhere you look there are brightly colored travel brochures offering trips all over the world.
Amidst the piles of dazzling brochures was the publication above. Was it a diary or journal from the 19th century?
Overseas Adventure Travel (OAT) — a division of Grand Circle Travel — offers exotic trips that put tourists into the heart and soul of foreign countries and peoples.
Dispatches is OAT's public relations magazine exclusively for repeat travelers and filled with snapshots and personal essays by happy tourists in far away places. Plus glorious “beauty shots” of Prague and Jerusalem.
- Dispatches is a vehicle to persuade travelers to send in feedback and give testimonials.
- The promise of possible publication is very seductive!
- Testimonials from happy users are a powerful sales tool for your product or service — marketing gold!
- “There are too many cases of testimonials being used in direct marketing campaigns without prior knowledge of the client/customer.” —Bob Martel
- Always respond to a testimonial immediately with a personal and effusive thank-you note, phone call or e-mail.
- Ask permission to use it.
- Ask if you can use the person’s name. Or are initials preferred?
- Important — What’s Missing: DISPATCHES is an editorial product — pure PR. What’s missing is an address, phone number and URL that enables the reader to instantly get information on how to sign up for one of these splendid pilgrimages.
- “Always make it easy to order.” —Elsworth Howell
Denny Hatch is marketing consultant, copywriter and designer. The author of four novels and seven business books, his newest is Write Everything Right!
CLICK HERE to read the first 3 Chapters FREE.
For Kindle Edition information, CLICK HERE.
Denny can be reached at:
firstname.lastname@example.org • www.dennyhatch.com