College Students Annoyed by Mobile Ads
- 99.8 percent of students reported owning a cell phone;
- 49 percent of students report having a smartphone or touchscreen phone, up from 27 percent in February 2009 and 38 percent in October 2009;
- 97 percent of students send/receive text messages from their mobile phones, 30 percent send/receive email from their mobile phones and 25 percent send/receive instant messages from their mobile phones;
- 97 percent of smartphone users take and send photographs, and 87 percent of smartphone users take and send video;
- 51 percent of smartphone users reported receiving ads; and
- 77 percent of smartphone owners have a GPS function on their phone.