Are You Ready for Virtual Reality?
While any company can use virtual or augmented reality in their communications, it won’t be cost-effective unless it fits into your business objectives. And while you might dream of creating a 3D video that goes viral, if it doesn’t move your brand forward, it’s not going to deliver on marketing objectives — or investments.
Here are a few tips we give our clients who are ready to embark into the world of VR:
- Start with your overall communication goals. Do you need to educate your audience? Are you trying to start a dialogue or drive conversions? What behaviors are you trying to influence?
- Understand that content deployment is the strategy. Think about your brand in 3D and the kind of content experiences that will elicit an emotional response from your audience.
- Choose a platform that will deliver the interactive, sensory experiences that lead to short-term purchases and long-term loyalty.
- Determine how you will measure response and what constitutes success.
- Think about ways to extend your investment. Does the experience you create lend itself to a YouTube commercial or additional delivery platforms where the content can be re-purposed to reach new audiences?
- Anyone venturing into the 3D realm needs to understand that VR isn’t a short-term gimmick. This mix of reality — whether augmented or virtual — is not going away. In fact, we’ve barely scratched the surface of its potential.