America's Greatest Maverick Leader
By the time of the German surrender, Third Army had killed, wounded or captured 1,443,888 of the enemy and liberated 81,522 square miles of territory.
When German Field Marshall Gerd von Runstedt surrendered, he told his American captors, "Patton was your best."
Takeaway Points to Consider
Patton Quotations for Business People to Live By
- "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- "Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
- "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
- "You're never beaten until you admit it."
- "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week."
- "Always do everything you ask of those you command."
- "I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."
- "Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. My personal belief is that if you have a 50% chance, take it!"
- "People who are not themselves are nobody."
- "You need to overcome the tug of people against you as you reach for high goals."
- "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
Web Sites Related to Today's Edition
The Battle of the Bulge on the Web
Bulge Memorial at Arlington
The Patton Society
Patton National Museum of Cavalry and Armor
General George S. Patton Jr.
The Patton Speech Unexpurgated
General Patton Memorial Museum in Ettelbruck, Luxembourg
Patton's Funeral and Burial Site
Charter General Patton's Yacht