10 "Musts" for Outbound Calls (1,103 words)
8. Quality control. We're talking not about how professional the call sounds, but rather are the orders really orders? Did that person understand what it was she said "yes" to? Did the rep review the order information with the buyer? Was the call recorded for quality control purposes? Harper uggests, "If there's any question as to the validity of an order, call back to reconfirm."
9. Technology. In today's world, Harper says it's very important to have the necessary technological abilities in order to be competitive. Among the key technologies he cites:
• b-to-b dedicated call backs.
• real-time interface between the service bureau and marketer's system.
• an ability to handle files of million of contacts/month.
• timely, accurate reporting.
10. Excellent fulfillment. Once you have the sale, you cannot forget the back end. Korb says this means being mindful of things such as: Is the product going out on time? Does the product deliver what was promised on the phone? Is the billing accurate and timely? These will affect pay up, as well as future resales or renewals.