Grow Your Business With Email Marketing in 3 StepsMay 7, 2014 By Will Sherwood
Today, companies have many more outlets to reach potential customers than ever before. Television, radio, newspapers, magazines, social media, blogs, websites and mobile devices are some of the many channels companies use. Email marketing is nothing new, but when done correctly, your business can skyrocket.
Your goal for mounting a successful email marketing campaign is to build on your existing customers' trust. Here are two ways to accomplish that:
- Don't send them sales oriented emails all the time. Instead, send them helpful information and advice. Promotion should be carried on in small doses, with a maximum of 10 percent sales orientation and 90 percent helpful information. The last thing you want them to do is unsubscribe.
- Speaking of unsubscribing, please remember to give them that option. Refusing to add an easy-to-find "unsubscribe" link makes the customer feel trapped. And, your email may be blocked because of it.
The Main Ingredient Is Your Email List
Place your "Subscribe" information on your blog, social media, website, business card, landing page, confirmation/thank you page, or as a QR code. Once they sign up. that information is part of your list.
The Next Step Is Design
- Keep the design simple and elegant.
- Keep it looking presentable, even on mobile devices.
- Fonts should be easy to read.
- The message should be easy to understand.
- Quality images make email designs stand out, but make sure they're small-ish so they don't take too long to load.
- Your color scheme should go with your fonts and images.
- It's a good idea to use your existing company colors in the email.
- Finally, make each email personal, since one subscription template won't fit every customer.
The Last One Is Time Commitment