The 7 Best Uses for Predictive Analytics in Multichannel Marketing
Las Vegas-based Caesars Entertainment Corporation may never say “Et tu, Brute?” to its data. Betrayal may never happen because the gambling empire exemplifies how direct marketers can grasp customers’ multichannel touchpoints with predictive analytics and spin single views of the customers into gold, says Jeff Zabin, research director at Evanston, Ill.-based research firm Gleanster.
Zabin says other marketers can learn from Caesars because the company “is incredibly sophisticated when it comes to direct marketing predictive analytics tactics. Activities skew towards direct mail, but also incorporate mobile and email as part of a multichannel strategy.” The calculations based on demographics and behavior are so specific they can be realized in mobile offers made while guests are on the casino floor or through daily email offers during a Vegas visitor’s five-day stay.
Marketers hoping to rise to Caesars’ level by the Ides of March can follow this advice on the best uses of predictive analytics in multichannel campaigns, provided by:
- Erick Brethenoux. executive program director of predictive analytics at Armonk, N.Y.-based IBM;
- James Kobielus, senior analyst at Cambridge, Mass.-based research company Forrester Research;
- Devyani Sadh, CEO of Wilton, Conn.-based Data Square, a business intelligence solutions provider;
- Marcus Tewksbury, strategic solutions principle of marketing at UK-based marketing software company Alterian; and
1. Obtain a single view of the customer by focusing on customer data integration, Zabin says. “This is a prerequisite to predictive analytics and a critical success factor in multichannel marketing effectiveness. To increase response rates and propagate a single view of the customer across the organization, companies need to first integrate customer data, which includes resolving discrepancies in the spelling of customer names and various numerical identifiers. Customer data integration provides the foundation for deploying decision management systems that enable companies to deliver highly relevant customer experiences, services, messages and offers across multiple channels and touchpoints.”