Finding the Perfect Gift: A Look at 6 Mother's Day Emails
Mother’s Day is this coming Sunday (May 10), and since mid-April the Who’s Mailing What! inbox has been flooded with emails promoting special deals for flowers, restaurants, jewelry and other gift ideas. Here’s a few unique offers that caught our attention:
- The Maids May 6 email offers five gift ideas with reasons why the first four aren't really that special, but No. 5 is just perfect (a gift certificate from The Maids).
- UncommonGoods sent a couple emails using animated ducks to draw attention to picking out the right gift by May 5 to ensure delivery by Mother’s Day.
- Fannie May’s May 4 email proclaimed “Happy National Candied Orange Peel Day!” and highlighted creating a customized chocolate assortment for mom.
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation encouraged recipients to send their mother an e-card and make a donation in her name to help support research toward a cure for Parkinson’s disease.
- Vermont Teddy Bear’s April 27 email promoted its Cub in the Oven Bear for the mom-to-be as well as bears for other occasions.
- AdoramaPix offered a chance to win $150 for mom by uploading a picture of her to Instagram along with a few words on why she is special.
The Email Marketing 2015 report by Direct Marketing IQ — featuring email trends, effective message analysis and best practices — is now available in the DMIQ Bookstore.
Cheryl Cagle is database/affiliates director for Direct Marketing IQ, the home of direct marketing research, and Who's Mailing What! Cheryl can be reached at email@example.com.