Finding That Perfect Mother's Day Gift
Mother’s Day is May 10, and since mid-April the Who’s Mailing What! inbox has been flooded with emails promoting special deals for flowers, restaurants, jewelry and other gift ideas. Here are a few offers that caught our eye:
• UncommonGoods sent two emails using animated ducks to draw attention to picking out the right gift by May 5 to ensure delivery by Mother’s Day.
• Fannie May’s May 4 email proclaimed “Happy National Candied Orange Peel Day!” and highlighted creating a customized chocolate assortment for mom.
• The Maids' May 6 email offers five gift ideas with reasons why the first four are not really that special, but No. 5 is just perfect (a gift certificate from The Maids).
• The Michael J. Fox Foundation encouraged recipients to send their mother an eCard and make a donation in her name to help support research toward a cure for Parkinson’s disease.
• Vermont Teddy Bear’s April 27 email promoted its Cub in the Oven Bear for the mom-to-be as well as bears for other occasions.
Check out the slideshow below for samples of these Mother’s Day emails.
These emails were received by WMW!, which houses the most complete, searchable (and fully online) library of direct mail and email in the world. For a free demo of WMW! click here.
Cheryl Cagle is database/affiliates director for Direct Marketing IQ, the home of direct marketing research, and Who's Mailing What! Reach her at email@example.com