Why Is Customer Loyalty So Hard to Get? And How Can You Get It Now?
- Clean House: Review every process, procedure and policy to insure it is necessary and as efficient as possible. The shorter the paths from initial contact to purchase and problem to resolution, the better. It makes it easy for customers and economical for you.
- Improve FAQ's: Answer questions before they are asked. Sometimes this means you have to anticipate the questions because people don't always know what they need to ask. Including the questions that should be asked in the FAQ's improves trust and reduces resistance.
- Supercharge Emails: Add service emails to your marketing mix. Service emails educate and inform customers and prospects so they know what's happening and how to interact with your company. Educated customers are happier and easier to serve.
- Offer Self-Service: People don't really want to talk to your company representatives. They find it easier to solve their own problems when possible. Providing self-service opportunities pleases customers and reduces operating costs.
- Invite Feedback: Your customers are the best source of information on how to improve your business. Invite them to share their thoughts and make the process as easy as possible. Be sure to always respond with gratitude and information on how the suggestions will be used. It gives ownership and connects people to your company.
- Do It Yourself: Before expecting your customers and prospects to do anything, try it yourself first. If you developed the process and cannot be objective, ask someone outside the company to do it with you watching. The pain points are quickly identified when this is done.