How Can You Get More Out of Your Direct Mail List?
Everyone knows nowadays that the more information you have on your customers/prospects, the better you can tailor your message. Well, in many cases companies do not have that much information about people. So, what can you do to gather more information? Well, you could ask them to fill out a survey and offer a reward if they do, but what if you could gather information without having to take up someone's time? There is a way.
Data List Enhancement:
List Profiling helps you model your ideal customers so you optimize campaigns and find prospects with similar characteristics. Data analysis and list segmentation will provide you with valuable insights into consumer behaviors, allowing you to tailor your message to match their needs and interests. This will increase the chances they act on your offer. Here is what you can expect:
- Profile the unique characteristics of your best and most profitable customers to find more just like them. Learn their likes, dislikes, education level and so much more.
- Target your selling messages to the right audience at the right time. This will allow you to spend less.
- Increase your marketing penetration by opening new channels to reach your customers and prospects using the methods they prefer. This is especially important today with so many channel choices. Is direct mail in conjunction with mobile the right choice? Find out.
- Boost response rates through more specific, personalized offers (as opposed to generic, one-size-fits-all promotions). When you send an offer that is specific to the person, your response rate can't help but go up.
- Build loyalty programs that increase lifetime value. When you can provide relevant offers to people in a timely manner, you gain respect and loyalty.
- Improve your database marketing with more profitable prospecting, through modeling and forecasting. Finding the correct prospects quickly will allow you to move forward with your marketing campaigns and get the responses coming in.
- Dramatically improve your ROI, the more responses you get directly effects your return on investment. Since these are better qualified leads, you should also make more money per lead.
- Improve multimedia marketing by applying profiles to hit the targets across all media. This allows you to create multiple channel campaigns while still targeting them where they want to see the messages.
Finding well qualified prospects is very difficult. With list profiling, you can pick people who are just like your best customers. It makes the prospecting effort so much easier. For the most part, such profiling is limited to the United States; so if the majority of your customers are foreign, this is not going to work for you. Knowing who your customers are and what prospects you should target gives you a big advantage. You can spend less money on your marketing because you can target it better, and at the same time make more money because you are sending to the right people.
Think of how you can harness the additional information you will gain with list profiling. This will allow you to create more detailed offers to the correct people and send out multiple versions as one campaign. Remember that your list is the first big opportunity in direct mail. A bad list will yield a bad result, no matter how great your design and offer are. A great list has the potential to yield a great result when combined with good design and a good offer. Consult with your direct mail marketing provider to help you enhance your list today!
A blog about Direct Mail Marketing, tips, tricks and what not to do.Summer Gould is President of Eye/Comm Inc. Summer has spent her 27 year career helping clients achieve better marketing results. She has served as a panel speaker for the Association of Marketing Service Providers conferences. She is active in several industry organizations and she is a board member for Printing Industries Association San Diego, as well as a board member for Mailing Systems Management Association of San Diego. You can find her at Eye/Comm Inc’s website: eyecomm.org, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, on LinkedIn, or on Twitter @sumgould.