Holiday Paid Search Analytics Reveal Insights Into Today’s Cross-Channel Shopper
Not only are on-the-go consumers searching for your store locations, but they’re also conducting competitive price searches and looking for product information on their phones/tablets while in your store. According to Performics’ 2011 Social Shopping Study, 62 percent of consumers perform competitive price searches on their mobile devices while in a retailer’s store and 41 percent look for product information.
To capitalize on this cross-channel shopping behavior during the holiday season and beyond, marketers should do the following:
- integrate online and offline promotional planning;
- create strong mobile websites;
- use paid search extensions (e.g., addresses, phone numbers, click-to-call) to aid searchers looking for your store;
- let searchers know that products are in stock in your stores;
- ensure visibility in mobile search for keywords likely to be used by shoppers searching for your store while on the go or in-store; and
- create comprehensive local paid and organic search campaigns.
Marketers should invest in analytics to understand exactly how search marketing affects offline sales. Uncovering insights through data will help you best allocate budgets and create marketing strategies to maximize cross-channel performance.