15 Must-Attend B2B Marketing Conferences for 2020
The B2B marketing conference scene continues to flourish since I did my last roundup a year ago. I hope I am not jinxing the trend by commenting on how top events thrive and new events arrive. Here’s a lineup of top-quality conferences to add to your 2020 calendar. A treasure trove of strategy, innovation, ABM, martech, data, AI, e-commerce, social media — the works.
• February 24-26, Scottsdale, B2B Marketing Exchange
• March 17-18, San Francisco, The ABM Innovation Summit
Organized by Demandbase, at Pier 27, and followed by certification courses on Day 2 at the Hyatt Regency.
• March 29-April 2, Las Vegas, Adobe Summit
Perhaps the largest of them all, as Adobe has built a B2B martech powerhouse. Featuring Mindy Kahling, an apparent new fan of B2B marketers — having also appeared at Content Marketing World in 2019.
• April 15-17, San Jose, Martech West
• April 20-22, Chicago, B2B Online
E-commerce and digital marketing for manufacturers and distributors. Attracts attendees from around the world.
• April 23-24, San Francisco, TOPO Summit
Where sales and marketing teams learn to break down barriers and work together. Organized by thought leader Craig Rosenberg.
• May 3-6, Austin, Sirius Decisions 2020 Summit
A strong event, made even stronger after Sirius’s purchase by Forrester.
• May 12-14, Scottsdale, ANA BMA Masters of Marketing Conference
The ANA is moving its reincarnated BMA conference from Chicago this year.
• May 27-28, Chicago, B2B Marketing Ignite USA 2020
At last, the event we’ve been waiting for. The UK’s B2B Marketing.net brings its successful annual conference to our shores. If you’re not already a member of its US online community, I suggest you sign up now.
• August 10-12, Boston, B2B Sales and Marketing Exchange
A fruitful merger of three smaller B2B conferences, DemandGen Summit, FlipMyFunnel, and REVTalks, launched in 2019.
• August 19-20, Singapore, B2B Marketing Leaders Forum Asia 2020
THE Asian event for B2B marketers, if you can stand the idea of Singapore in August. Part of an Australian organization with additional conferences in Sydney (May 20-21, 2020) and Melbourne.
• September 16-18, Boston, Connect to Convert
A division of the giant LeadsCon, with a solid B2B marketing track.
• October 7-8, Chicago, reach 2020
Launched in 2019 by G2Crowd, this one-day conference is all about getting the most value from B2B ratings and reviews sites.
• October 13-16, Cleveland, Content Marketing World
Still growing, still thriving.
• November 3-6, San Francisco. MarketingProfs B2B Forum
The B2B Forum is on the move again, after years in Boston and a swing by DC in 2019.
A version of this article appeared in Biznology, the digital marketing blog.
Ruth P. Stevens consults on customer acquisition and retention, and teaches marketing at companies and business schools around the world. She is past chair of the DMA Business-to-Business Council, and past president of the Direct Marketing Club of New York. Ruth was named one of the 100 Most Influential People in Business Marketing by Crain's BtoB magazine, and one of 20 Women to Watch by the Sales Lead Management Association. She is the author of Maximizing Lead Generation: The Complete Guide for B2B Marketers, and Trade Show and Event Marketing. Ruth serves as a director of Edmund Optics, Inc. She has held senior marketing positions at Time Warner, Ziff-Davis, and IBM and holds an MBA from Columbia University.