12 Overlooked Ways to Help Your Video Rank Higher on YouTube
YouTube is currently the second largest search engine on the Internet. With 1 billion unique monthly visitors watching YouTube videos, enabling your marketing videos to rank higher can lead to more people discovering you, drive traffic to your website or landing pages, build your mailing list, and sell more products and services. There are a dozen often overlooked ways you can help your video rank higher on YouTube, and today we'll quickly dissect them.
(If the video isn't just above this line, click here to view it.)
Today you'll learn how these steps will help your video rank higher on YouTube.
- The importance of encouraging viewers to add your video to their playlists and how that builds social signals
- Why you need an authoritative YouTube channel
- Uploading new videos regularly helps you rank higher
- Monitor and reply to comments promptly
- Ideas to get more video views
- Create quality content so your viewers watch more of your videos
- Annotations can help keep viewers on your video
- Using "in video programming" to showcase other videos
- Why "Likes" are a good thing (and how to get more)
- Why you should embed your videos on websites, blogs, articles or even a press release
- and more
If you have additional tips to add to this list of strategies to make videos rank higher on YouTube, please share them in the comments section below.
If you missed it, check out our last blog post: "Top 10 Ways to Improve YouTube Video Search Ranking."
Reinventing Direct is for the direct marketer seeking guidance in the evolving world of online marketing. Gary Hennerberg is a mind code marketing strategist, based on the template from his new book, "Crack the Customer Mind Code." He is recognized as a leading direct marketing consultant and copywriter. He weaves in how to identify a unique selling proposition to position, or reposition, products and services using online and offline marketing approaches, and copywriting sales techniques. He is sought-after for his integration of direct mail, catalogs, email marketing, websites, content marketing, search marketing, retargeting and more. His identification of USPs and copywriting for clients has resulted in sales increases of 15 percent, 35 percent, and even as high as 60 percent. Today he integrates both online and offline media strategies, and proven copywriting techniques, to get clients results. Email him or follow Gary on LinkedIn. Co-authoring this blog is Perry Alexander of ACM Initiatives. Follow Perry on LinkedIn.