10 Ways to Boost Your Conversion Rates
When I was at the eTail East conference in Baltimore earlier this month, I noticed one presentation was repeatedly discussed by attendees and other presenters after the fact.
It was a presentation by Megan Burns, senior analyst of customer experience at Forrester Research. In her presentation, Burns listed 10 ways marketers can boost conversion rates without breaking the bank.
Since the list was so popular, I thought I'd share it with you, dear readers. Read it; print it out; and tape it to your computer, office door or wall. Just having it around will inspire you — and hopefully increase your conversion rates.
1. Give buyers the content they need to move forward.
2. Get rid of unnecessary content.
3. Prevent “no results” site searches.
4. Use language site visitors will understand.
5. Remove unnecessary steps in the task flow.
6. Don’t require registration to complete a purchase.
7. Tweak the location and appearance of buttons.
8. Provide clear feedback in response to user actions.
9. Help users avoid and recover from errors.
10. Make sure the order review page doesn’t look like a confirmation page.
There you go. What do you think of the list? Care to add anything to it? If so, please do it here.