Wingra Technologies - Stick to the Basics! (800 words)
2. Offer a free premium. We created a premium that, if requested, qualified the prospect. It saved Wingra time on qualifying leads.
3. Solicit a testimonial letter. It's one thing to toot your own horn—it's another if someone else does it for you.
4. Write copy using proven direct-response techniques. Direct-response copy works no matter what industry you're in.
5. Identify the most compelling benefits and features. We did our homework to identify the top three benefits and features and then spelled them out clearly in all three tiers.
6. Personalize letters. This technique is labor intensive but delivers the results for b-to-b marketing.
7. Use a BRC. Ninety-three percent of Wingra's leads came in by BRC vs. the phone, fax or e-mail. For most campaigns, they are an absolute must.
Liam Crotty is a partner in Crotty & Manesis, a Lake Mills, WI-based marketing communications firm. He can be reached at (920) 648-4000 or email@example.com.