8 Tips on How to Use Sweepstakes to Grow Your Subscriber List
Need a new way to engage your email subscribers? Any marketer knows that the main goal of any email campaign is to engage the right subscribers and grow the list. A great way to do that is through a viral campaign or acquisition sweepstakes. A new whitepaper from Listrak, Email Acquisition via Sweepstakes: Attract the Right Subscribers Fast, offers the following tips and guidelines to help you attract the right subscribers, and quickly:
1. Keep it simple. When starting a campaign, it's easy to get overwhelmed with ideas. It's also typical to want to run contests or sweepstakes over a long period of time. The key is to keep it simple. Have a strategic, limited-time offer so that subscribers will respond quickly to your urgent and exclusive offer. Be sure to include banner ads, automated emails, and social media and mobile announcements.
2. Make it personal. Cash prizes can be used, but how can you tell if the subscriber is using you for the cash prize? Make it personal and offer one of your products as the prize. Doing so will attract consumers that are genuinely interested in your merchandise.
3. Encourage social sharing. This is the latest and hottest trend in customer acquisition — e.g., "like" our brand on Facebook and get an additional percentage off your next purchase. Do the same thing for users that either recommend your products or invite their friends to join them in your social media space. This will expand the scope of the sweepstakes.
4. Promote in the right channels. Email may be the most popular way to announce and promote campaigns, but don't forget about your social media and mobile networks. Try including banner ads on your website and other relevant places as well.
5. Send entry confirmations. Email confirmations may by the most important step in this process because they validate the email addresses on your list. Fake or invalid email addresses increase bounce rates, negatively influence deliverability and destroy your reputation. Automated confirmations ensure that email addresses used are, in fact, valid.