The Influence of Email on Online Marketing Platforms
Brands are increasingly using multiple online marketing platforms in order to reach consumers. By integrating all online marketing channels, brands are able to strengthen their overall marketing message.
One of the most common forms of online marketing is email marketing. Email is an efficient and effective medium for marketers due to its low cost and high return on investment. According to Forrester Research, adult online email users will total 153 million by 2014. As brands use more online marketing platforms, email will have the ability to become an even more valuable medium since it can easily integrate with other online media channels. The following are some ways that marketers can use email to tie in other online marketing platforms to help promote and leverage their brands:
- Tie in social media. Include links to your social media platforms throughout your email campaigns. Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare or another social media platform, direct your email recipients to places where they can engage more with your brand.
- Promote loyalty. Include information about contests and special deals in your emails. Make sure to also include these offers on your social media networks, but always be careful to deliver a consistent message.
- Promote interaction. Whether you're attending a conference, speaking at a seminar, exhibiting at a trade show or just helping out at a community event, it's important to let people know. These events are great places for consumers to interact with you, so let them know when and where you'll be and how to get in contact with you.
- Drive traffic to your website. Always include a link to your website in your emails. This will allow consumers to learn about the great products and/or services you offer, as well as important company updates and news.
- Connect with consumers. Include a way for consumers to communicate directly with you, whether it's an email address, forum, blog or webinar. This will allow you to gain subscribers and increase audience size. It's also a great way to increase awareness among consumers and allow them to feel connected.
Email is an important tool in the world of marketing. By taking advantage of this medium and its ability to facilitate the effectiveness of other online marketing platforms, marketers can deliver a much more valuable and successful message to all consumers.