The Impact of Digital Asset Management
• Searching for assets;
• Organizing assets;
• Backing up assets;
• Securing assets; and
• Avoiding recreating assets that can’t be found.
There are additional benefits, too. DAM systems can:
• Help identify the most effective creative.
• Enforce a consistent workflow, avoiding errors and wasted time.
• Ensure that only approved brand elements and versions are used, and that they are used in the proper context.
• Foster better collaborative relationships between workers by facilitating the sharing and dissemination of assets.
• Provide the ability for clients or other departments to observe creative works while in process.
The Bottom Line
The good news is that DAM systems are becoming more widely used, stable and mature. As digital asset management becomes mainstream, it’s being incorporated into other integrated systems, from contact management to CRM to marketing information systems. This means the user doesn’t have to purchase, install, customize, support and maintain a stand-alone DAM system.
Don’t let the ever-changing DAM technological landscape immobilize your decision-making. The benefits and ROI from DAM systems are very real, very high and very now.
Ken Kornbluth is CEO of MarketingPilot Software, a vendor of marketing systems in Evanston, IL. He can be reached at (847) 864-4777.