Step Up to World Class Standards (1,745 words)
At its most elaborate, such a knowledge base becomes an information portal accessible not only to customers but to designated suppliers and partners, too.
The Fulfillment Challenge
A well-configured fulfillment module enables you to handle the following:
• multiple ship-tos. The ability to assign ship-to addresses by line item on an order and to maintain a list of previous ship-tos a customer has used may improve efficiency and reduce errors in order entry.
The stamp freemium is rewarding for every one, regardless of past purchase history.
• kits/sets. This includes prepacked kits, kits assembled to order, dynamic kits, mix-and-match, and configured kits. When kits are not pre-assembled, the quantity available is equal to the quantity of the least-available kit component.
• personalization. This includes not just line-item notes, but also templates assigned to the personalized item to track size, type, font, color and other parameters for each personalization.
• gift messages/wrapping. Flexible options could include where the gift message is imprinted, length of the message, a library of standard messages that can be modified, and spell-checking for ad-hoc messages.
• future shipments. Those items that must arrive by a given date and those that must not arrive before a given date could be so marked.
• picking option. This includes batching of orders by order-placement method, payment type, number of line-items, shipping method and destination. You also should have the option to do consolidated and zone-picking in addition to single-order picking. But for single-order picks you want to be able to print the items on the order and the orders themselves in warehouse sequence.
Reporting and Analysis
In addition to tracking lost demand, forecasting total demand and monitoring fill rates (initial, current and final), the system should enable you to analyze customer behavior in order to produce meaningful customer segments based on recency, frequency and monetary values of orders placed and product categories purchased.