Pecking "The Da Vinci Code" to Death
4. She grew on him like she was a colony of Ecoli and he was room-temperature Canadian Ham.
5. She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.
6. Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.
7. He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree.
8. The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife's infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge-free ATM.
9. The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
10. McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.
11. From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you're on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30.
12. Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.
13. The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.
14. Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.
15. They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resembled Nancy Kerrigan's teeth.
16. John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.
17. He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the East River.
18. Even in his last years, Grandpappy had a mind like a steel trap, only one that had been left out so long, it had rusted shut.
- Audrey Tatou
- Da Vinci
- Daniel Fienberg
- Daniel Henninger
- David Edelstein
- David Faraci
- Edward Dougless
- Erik Childress
- Gregory J. Sullivan
- Ian McKellen
- Jack Maxson
- Jay Gosselin
- Jonathan Gibbs
- Merissa Marr
- Michael Elliott
- Nancy Kerrigan
- Ron Howard
- Suzy Ridenour
- Terrible Prose Ed Zuckerman
- The News
- Todd McCarthy
- Tom Hanks
- Variety Dan Brown