Make It Easy to Order or I’m Gone!
Old direct marketers know how to make it easy to order.
In the media player at right (image No. 1) is a coupon ad from Parade. Required:
- Credit Card #
- Expire Date
My Krups coffee maker needed a doohickey.
I Googled the item. A picture of it came up on my screen offered by Goodman's. I clicked on Goodman's doohickey.
Instantly I was hit with a massive order form.
[See Iimage No. 2 in the media player.]
All that work for a lousy $4.99 doohickey!
I skedaddled outta Goodman's and went to Amazon who said:
"Buy now with 1-click."
The doohickeys cost a bit more on Amazon, but I did not know Goodman's. Are they legit or a bunch of dweebs operating out of a suitcase looking for data to sell?
Takeaways to Consider
- "Make it easy to order." —Elsworth Howell, CEO, Grolier Enterprises
- Goodman's wanted me to fill out a ship-to, bill-to and a registration form.
- I never heard of Goodman's. Why would I want to register?
- "I don't want a relationship with the guy who sells me aspirin. I just want my headache cured." —Emily Soell, CEO Rapp & Collins
- "The order form should be so simple an idiot can understand it." —Malcolm Decker
- Don't let the dweebs and geeks junk up your ordering process with their sick, paranoid desperation for acquiring "Big Data."
- On the Internet we are all a mouse click away from oblivion." —George Wolff
Denny Hatch's new book is WRITE EVERYTHING RIGHT!
***** Five Stars "The best part is that this book is not just for authors, journalists, and other professional writers, it is for everyone. After all, everyone uses writing in some part of their lives and the way that you write reflects you as a person. Hatch provides you with a ton of tips that will help you turn your writing into something that people will be sure to read." —Scott
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
CLICK HERE to read the first 3 Chapters FREE.
No cost. No Risk. No obligation.
For Kindle Edition information, CLICK HERE.