9 Simple Last-Minute Marketing Tips for Holiday Success
Halloween has come and gone, Thanksgiving is on our doorstep and Starbucks has already unleashed its signature red cups. Most marketers have been in holiday planning mode for some time, but it’s never too late to fine-tune your plan. Even better, there are quite a few adjustments you can make without heavy lifting that can significantly improve the performance of online holiday promotions. Consider the following nine tips:
1. Offer holiday-centric email navigation. One of the quickest ways to increase sales opportunities is to leverage content already on your website. Lead shoppers through holiday-centric navigation in your email promotions.
2. Highlight your gifts section. Call out the link to your gift center by using a different color treatment, seasonal imagery such as a snowflake or a simple holiday-themed animation.
3. Enable navigation by recipient. Make it easy for consumers to find holiday gifts for specific recipients. Highlight sections of your website that focus on a particular customer profile (e.g., for him/for her, for movie lovers), price point (e.g., gifts under $20) or most popular products (e.g., top-rated products).
4. Try limited-time offers. Limited-time offers can help drive sales, especially during the holiday season when there’s pressure to buy and everyone’s looking for a deal.
Flash sales paired with daily and weekly deals are great ways to drive sales by featuring a single product with a significant discount. Prominently feature links to encourage subscribers to share the content and spread the word. Always encourage multiproduct purchases by featuring accessories, products and additional gift suggestions related to the discounted product.
5. Practice social nurturing. Social media marketing may not be your top revenue generator yet, but social channels offer marketers countless opportunities to nurture fans and followers into loyal customers. There’s no better time than the holidays to ramp up your social nurturing.