Denny's Zinger: It Costs Nothing to Make a Customer Feel Good
I shop at Whole Foods.
Hood River Cherries
When cherries are in the bin, my fingers always make their way into a plastic bag and pick one out for a taste.
When they are good, they are very, very good and I buy.
Tasty trumps pricy.
Last month, I sat at the bus stop with my Whole Foods shopping bag, pulled out my plastic bag of Hood Cherries and read the label.
See the illustration in the media player at upper right.
As I read along, I felt all warm and fuzzy about Hood Cherries (and by extension, Whole Foods).
This is great copy!
Mother Nature's Magic on a Stem
Every cherry in this bag grew plump and sweet on the tree before being plucked by hand. No machinery. No sizing equipment.
Our high-elevation cherries are consistently praised as the sweetest and best tasting in the world. Find out how we do it at www.hrcherrycompany.com. We love feedback! Send us your thoughts: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Takeaways to Consider
- It costs nothing to add a positive message to your packaging.
- (Of course it's imperative to use a world-class copywriter!)
- Okay, all cherries in Washington State fit this description and are picked by hand.
- But the Hood folks said it first.
- All the other guys can say is, "Uh, our cherries taste real good, too."
- This is a textbook example of what Jay Abraham calls pre-emptive advertising.
- "The sale begins when the customer says yes." -Bill Christensen
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Denny Hatch's new book is Write Everything Right!
Veteran writer Denny Hatch has mastered the writing business. It is your good fortune and mine that he has come out with a brand new book that will help us avoid making time-wasting, profit-wasting mistakes when we write. His book is titled, Write Everything Right! You need this book if you are serious about writing and getting paid well for it. -Bob Schwarztrauber
You are invited to read the first 3 Chapters FREE. No cost. No Risk. No obligation.
Write Everything Right! Kindle Edition