The following is an excerpt from Direct Marketing IQ's recent report, "Mastering Mobile Marketing"
The content that Instagram users are generating and consuming allows innovative brands and e-commerce sites to harness the power of photo sharing to increase customer relations and enhance the feedback loop. Here’s one tip to use as a starting point for brand success on Instagram.
Create your account and set up an editorial calendar. Images are a great way to communicate with your clients, and that makes Instagram a great distribution channel for your most visually appealing content. Whenever you’re releasing a new product line or hosting an event, a single photo can communicate more effectively than the longest press release.
If you need ideas to get started, here are some themes you can use to define your initial content strategy.
- Shots of your current products
- Sneak peeks of upcoming products
- Creative uses of your products
- Shots of your brand ambassadors and representatives
- Behind the scenes shots
- Shots of your products in the wild
- Sneak peeks of future marketing campaigns/ads
- Photos that relate to the lifestyle your brand represents
Whatever you decide to use, remember that, in the same way that your editorial content has a voice or tone, your Instagram content should have a distinct personality.