B-to-B: Green is Good
Tips to Get Started
To begin a greener marketing program for your B-to-B campaigns, follow many of the same practices you already consider for direct marketing, but add a couple new twists:
- Start with a well-defined target market, based on your initiatives.
- Test your message and creative via e-mail to generate leads.
- Analyze the response rates, and profile the responders.
- Send postal direct mail and event invitations to the refined audience.
- Build awareness through controlled, industry-specific advertising.
- Track the effectiveness of each channel by cost and response.
Green marketing methods produce highly effective results. They apply all of the steps you need to cut costs, raise response rates and increase growth in the most important marketing metric we are all held accountable for—the bottom line.
Mary N. Miller is senior marketing manager at DM2 DecisionMaker, a B-to-B direct marketing service provider in Oak Brook, Ill. She can be reached at email@example.com.