Ideas You Can Take to the Bank!: Improve Call Center Performance
• can I cancel/return.
8. Create Convincing Closing Questions
Finish with a convincing closing question that includes all of the following key elements:
• Explain why the offer is risk-free.
• State the cost of the product or service.
• Give a reason to order now.
• Explain exactly what you want the customer to do. For instance, “Order today with our special 10-percent discount, and, if you like it, pay only $29.95 or return it within 14 days and owe nothing, OK?”
9. Enlist the Contact Center
In real estate, it’s all about location, location, location. To attain real success in the contact center, it’s all about people, people, people. The CSRs and the management team must believe in the sales effort. Start with management at the call center, and make sure they understand the details of your program and its impact on the bottom line. Your program will be even more effective if you involve both management and the CSRs when developing the program and offers.
10. Provide Excellent Training
Start the training by selling the CSRs on the product or service you would like to offer. Make sure they understand:
• why someone would want to buy it;
• who would buy it; and
• why they should buy it now.
If the CSRs are not part of the product’s target audience, try to relate it to someone they know. For example, if the product is of interest to older customers, ask them to tell you why their parents might be interested in it.
Training should focus on transitions and closing. These are critical skills that the typical CSR does not use often. Smooth transitions are the most important part of selling, because they build confidence with the customer. Work with the CSRs on closing; it often is the hardest part for inbound reps.