• Publishers should think about giving their best offer. It might include a subscription price that is less than what is readily available online, as well as an enticing premium.
• Consumer marketers will sometimes lead with a contest or sweepstakes to capture personal information. Or they may offer a coupon or sizeable discount on first purchase.
Be Short and to the Point
Your creative has to do heavy lifting for you; but you don’t have the luxury of the promotional space you have in direct mail. It must be short and to the point. Here are five tips:
- Grab attention fast. Make your first two sentences as strong and compelling as possible.
- Include at least one image. People are more engaged when there are images.
- Restate your call to action two to three times. Include both buttons and links.
- Make sure there’s a link to view your creative online.
- The landing page must complement the email design so that it provides a seamless experience.
Good luck in your prospecting efforts!