How to Skyrocket Your Conversion Rates and Generate Better ROI, Part 2
In part one of this article, which appeared in the August 5 editon of eM+C Weekly, I dicussed how optimizing your landing pages for conversions through testing and analysis can skyrocket your marketing return on investment, and offered five tips to help you get the budget you need for these tasks from upper management.
This week in part two, I discuss five key conversion optimization players in your organization who — when working together — will help your conversion rates soar, as well as best practices around conversion optimization testing.
Conversion rate optimization is best performed by a multidisciplinary team whose members are experts in their particular areas. Having these five key roles working together will help you skyrocket conversion rates.
1. Program manager. Most likely a marketing manager or optimization strategist, this person will plan and make all of the high-level decisions and will coordinate the rest of the team.
2. Graphic designer. This person understands crafting clear and user-friendly experiences. In addition, this person must be able to accept that an original design may go through many iterations based on user feedback.
3. Persuasive writer. This person knows how to create headlines and content that draws users in, and understands the principles of writing online copy versus print copy.
4. Analyst. This person lives and breathes data, knows how to quickly identify user patterns, and can provide advice on how to capitalize on these patterns to increase conversions.
5. IT person. This person will provide technical support, handle back-end coding or, even better, use a conversion optimization and landing page tool to drastically reduce your dependency on IT.
One person may be able to fill more than one of these roles; however, asking one person to fill all of the roles will leave you with an exhausted marketer who may not be performing at 100 percent.