Great Letter 'Openers'
21 Ways to Increase Traffic into Your Store.
Introducing the world's only Limited Edition fruit.
- Lead with a snippet from a testimonial. For example:
Recently, I was talking with a co-op manager in Perry, Oklahoma. He told me something I thought might interest you. He said...
- Build immediate camaraderie. For example:
Did you know that as family physicians, you and I are preferred disability insurance risks compared to our colleagues in other medical specialities?
- Sound an alarm. For example:
It's frightening; during the time it takes you to read this letter, 15 robberies will be committed in our country...some may be near you.
- Tell a story. For example:
It was 1945, the war was over and my dad, Ed Cushman, had just opened a small store and fruit packaging plant here in West Palm Beach.
One night (a night never to be forgotten by anyone in our family), everyone was waiting for a truck load of grapefruit. When it finally arrived, my dad took one look and said, "What the devil is this?"
- Your best lead may be buried elsewhere in your letter. Once your letter is written, go back and re-read it with this thought in mind.
Remember, the opening of your sales letter is like a handshake: It can make or break you. And it's often the only part of your letter that gets read.