Google’s Enhanced Campaigns and the New Paid Search Landscape
Best practices for easing the transition
Kenshoo recently published a Best Practices Guide to Enhanced Campaigns Migration, which features a number of helpful tips, including the following:
- Start early and create a plan. Begin with campaigns that have the least amount of changes required — e.g., campaigns that are running on all devices or have no mirrored campaigns targeting mobile devices.
- Identify campaigns that are duplicated and will need to have elements (e.g., keywords, negative keywords, ads) copied into one master campaign that will be enhanced.
- Adjust campaign budgets to reflect any additional device traffic that will be included once the campaign is enhanced.
- Have a plan around directing traffic appropriately for each device.
- Create a mobile bid adjustment strategy or use a bid policy to remove any guesswork.
- QA your campaign settings after, then closely monitor performance.
As with any significant change, there will be a period of adjustment as marketers figure out how best to manage these new enhanced campaigns’ elements, including bidding, ad copy, tracking, etc.