Fulfillment Special Report: Fulfillment’s Role in Customer-centric Contact Strategies
It’s no secret that it costs considerably less to get a sale from an existing customer than from a prospect. But, according to Comac, a fulfillment company in Milpitas, Calif., customer-centric marketing in the B-to-B world also reduces overall sales costs by improving client retention; enhances profitability by expanding relationships with current clients; and creates new revenue streams via client referrals.
Customer-centric communications require depth of knowledge about your customers both individually and by segment; this data then can be leveraged through technologies that allow direct marketers to tailor contact in offline and online channels.
Your fulfillment vendor plays a significant role in your customer-
centric efforts, from capturing relevant data to helping you apply this insight to customized fulfillment materials. In a white paper titled “Enhancing Relationships and Increasing Profitability With Client-centric Communications,” Comac recommends marketers look for a fulfillment company that can:
• tailor its interfaces to clients’ CRM systems;
• provide clients with multiple channels via which to order fulfillment materials and create fulfillment kits for campaigns;
• offer real-time counts on inventory and usage patterns;
• allow clients to track shipments and verify delivery online;
• provide round-the-clock access to customizable reporting capabilities to help clients manage their print budgets for collateral materials;
• offer allocation tools that help clients review materials ordered and set parameters for who can place orders and under which conditions; and
• provide a design-on-demand interface and digital print-on-demand capabilities for more customized communications in cost-efficient quantities.
Comac can be reached at (866) 266-2248.