First-time parents make terrific prospects (875 words)
• New Parent, a quarterly magazine, is the official publication of the International Child Education Association. More than 82 percent of the 35,000 readers are first-time parents. Price: $110/M. Contact: Mal Dunn Associates, (845) 278-1331. The magazine also takes space ads, and sometimes polybags ride-alongs with the magazine. Contact: Impact Media Communications, (914) 328-3600.
• Kid's Stuff Catalog inserts and blow-in cards are ideal for marketers of children's apparel, gifts, financial products and publishers. List is 85-percent female. Contact: Leon Henry Inc., (914) 723-3176.
• Bounty SCA Worldwide compiles Gift Packs of coupons, samples, premiums, etc., for products and services. The packs are distributed to pregnant patients and new parents through OB/GYN offices, hospitals and clinics. Contact: (212) 683-8533.
• BabyCenter.com, a Web site for prenatal women and new parents, has 2 million members. Marketers can sponsor parts of the site's content. Contact: Deb Mignucci, VP of advertising, (203) 341-5522.
• CoolSavings.com offers its 12 million members savings on goods and services. CoolParenting, a joint venture with Time Inc., enables marketers to offer product discounts, samples, and content for new parents and children. Contact: (312) 224-5000.
New parents are like new consumers: They need and buy almost everything, say experts. Several parenting publications are available to help you target your offers.