Elements of Opt-in E-mail
What to ask customers who want to opt-in to receive your e-mail messages:
• e-mail address (of course);
• areas of interest in products or services;
• contact information, such as mailing address and phone number;
• shopping preferences (e.g., closeout items only, brand-name items, specials);
• "reminders," such as when consumable products should be re-ordered;
• referrals; and
• how they heard about your site or offerings.
Use this information to provide targeted e-mail offers based on interests, geography, gender or merchandise.