E-mail Strategies and Tactics Exposed: ProFlowers
- e-mail acknowledges a recent Web site visit and provides an additional incentive to purchase, such as offering 10 percent off a purchase and a free vase;
- offers additional recommendations to consider;
- prompts a user to share the offer with a friend; and
- creates a sense of urgency (respond within 3 days).
- extend robust personalization capabilities to this particular communication stream. “Dear Michael”;
- consider adding/testing community features to engage users further;
- provide mobile ordering options like an iPhone application to encourage orders on the go; and
- incorporate personalized tracking discount codes to identify, track, measure and tier rewards across key “influencers” moving forward.
Overall a very smart e-mail communications program that can help any brand better withstand a recession.
Michael Della Penna is co-founder and executive chairman of The Participatory Marketing Network (PMN), a new industry association dedicated to helping marketers transition from push and permission marketing to participatory marketing. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.