11 Tips for On-site Search Improvement
2. Add in Product-type Synonyms so users typing in "blow dryer" can find a "hair dryer."
3. Add in Symbols and Abbreviations so visitors querying "in" get results for "inch."
4. Ensure Auto-suggestions Don't Lead to Dead Ends.
5. Pre-fill Queries Onto the Results Pages in case searchers want to drill down.
6. "Implement Faceted Search to suggest filters that match the user's query more closely," he writes. "For example, suggest product attribute filters that apply to a subset of the search results (60 percent of websites don't do this)."
7. Offer Hierarchical and History-Based Search Options on product pages "to support non-linear patterns of search."
What are some other on-site search improvements marketers can make?
Please respond in the comments section below.