Denny’s Zinger: Don’t Start Your Sales Pitch With an Insult
I always look at my Yahoo incoming spam mailbox.
I want to be sure the Yahoo bluenose bots didn’t assign spam status to something important.
Calvin Mcdaniel Openings? Hello there. I saw your website and I'm very intere . . .
I just redesigned www.dennyhatch.com and can always use feedback from a professional.
What might be done to improve it?
I clicked on Mcdaniel’s email and up came the following message:
Hello there. I saw your website and I'm very interested in working for your company.
Please see my resume.
With deepest sympathy,
“With deepest sympathy?”
Takeaways to Consider
- Advice from a geezer No. 1: Don’t start a sales pitch with a smartypants insult. It’s a losing attention-getter.
- The seven key copy drivers: fear – greed – guilt – anger – exclusivity – salvation – flattery.
- Advice from a geezer No. 2: The late guru Axel Andersson once analyzed 1000 direct mail letters in myriad fields. The largest percentage — 42 percent — used flattery in the lede.
- When I clicked on “View Attachment” a “Sorry, no dice” message appeared.
- Advice from a geezer No. 3: If your attachment doesn’t work, neither will you.
- Calvin Mcdaniel’s weirdo gobbledygook alias: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advice from a geezer No. 4: Use a believable alias.
- bmtc.net is the Beresford, SD. Municipal Telephone Company.
- White Pages shows no record of a Calvin Mcdaniel in South Dakota.
- God grant me a service where people must pay a penny to email me and I pay a penny each to email them.
- Hey USPS! Are you listening?
Denny Hatch’s new book is WRITE EVERYTHING RIGHT!
For intelligent writers who want to make a difference
***** Five Stars For any writer this book is the most detailed study of how to make your words say what you actually think and believe. —C. G. Graham, “Knowledge master"
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
CLICK HERE to read the first 3 Chapters FREE.
No cost. No Risk. No obligation.
For Kindle Edition information, CLICK HERE.
email@example.com • www.dennyhatch.com