Denny’s Zinger: Denny Hatch’s 8 Ironclad Rules of E-marketing
A Brief Look Back . . .
When the Internet arrived big time in the 1990's, a gazillion hotshot kids — with zero experience in marketing and design — took over and set the protocols.
These kids said to us geezers: "This is the new medium and the new paradigm. Your old rules are dead. We make the rules now. So take a hike, buster."
In April-May 2000, the dot-com bubble burst and roughly $1 trillion disappeared. A legion of these whiz kids and went back to school and/or home to live with their parents.
Us old folks went back to creating the rules:
- What we learned in the world of print advertising and direct mail is totally applicable to e-commerce.
- "Big Data" was called "list research" back in the old days — finding the right person for your offer.
- "Success in direct response is 40 percent lists, 40 percent offer and 20 percent everything else." —Ed Mayer
- Hardwire these percentages into your DNA: 40 percent — 40 percent — 20 percent.
- "It's the offer, stupid!" —Bob Hacker
- "If you want to dramatically increase your response, dramatically improve your offer." —Axel Andersson
- "Two rules and two rules only exist in marketing: Rule No. 1: Test everything. Rule No. 2: See Rule No. 1." —Malcolm Decker
- "Avoid gray walls of type." —David Ogilvy
Takeaway to Consider:
- Got additional rules? Let's hear 'em!
Denny Hatch's new book is WRITE EVERYTHING RIGHT!
***** Five Stars "A lifetime of insights on effective writing from direct marketing guru Denny Hatch. Blending psychological insights into how and why people respond to messages with actual examples of persuasive writing that achieved the desired results. Thanks for an entertaining read, St. Denny." —CloudsandSun. Amazon.com
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
CLICK HERE to read the first 3 Chapters FREE.
No cost. No Risk. No obligation.
For Kindle Edition information, CLICK HERE.
firstname.lastname@example.org • www.dennyhatch.com