Content Marketing in 3 Inexpensive Steps
- Employees: People throughout your organization—from senior management to customer service—have interesting information to share. Identify people throughout your company who can regularly share information about their area of expertise, or who are passionate about the industry. Encourage participation by sharing information with contributors, including which posts have the most shares or comments. Retailer Sears makes participation in blogging as part of the job requirement.
- Customers: Elicit feedback and stories from customers by using online forms. Ask your best customers to become ongoing bloggers. Run contests to boost customer stories about their experiences working with your company. PetRelocation.com, a company that specializes in moving pets, solicits customer stories about their experience moving their pets worldwide. Customers share information about moving to specific countries, upload photos of their pets and then share their comments on their own social networks.
- Customer and partner emails: Companies get a lot of feedback via email from customers and partners. Harness this information by posting compliments, and using comments and questions from customers and prospects to develop blog posts.
- Partners and friends: Empower your partners and advocates to blog on your behalf. This approach enhances the breadth of your content and gives your audience multiple perspectives on your industry. Partners in allied businesses typically are happy to provide content about their specialty.
3. Organize Content in One Central Area
One reason marketers get tripped up when developing a content marketing program is because it seems overwhelming. Where should they start when there are so many channels needing constant attention? The best way to manage all this is by organizing all your content in one area. A good place to do this is in your blog.
Using the blog as the central repository for content, marketers can capture content from a variety of sources, repurpose the content and post it via multiple channels.