Consumers Cite Brand, Online Offers as Main Attractions to Online Shopping
Brand, special online offers and easy-to-use features are the primary reasons consumers turn to online shopping sites, a new survey has found. Consumers also turn to social networks for advice, recommendations and sale offers for online purchases.
The survey, commissioned by Austin, Texas-based e-commerce solutions provider Volusion, conducted by Harris Interactive, polled 2,462 adults 18 years and older who are online shoppers within the United States.
Key survey findings include the following:
* 92 percent said brand is at least somewhat important to initially attracting them to shopping sites;
* 50 percent of correspondents said special online offers would encourage them to shop online more frequently;
* 48 percent said easy-to-use features are very important for initially attracting them to e-commerce Web sites;
* 32 percent would shop online more if Web sites were easier to use;
* 30 percent of recipients said they would be encouraged to shop on social networks if special sales and exclusive products would appear there;
* 27 percent said they would be encouraged to shop on social networks if they could view comments on various items for sale there; and
* 24 percent would shop online more if checkout procedures were easier.