What you are doing is insulting, blasphemous, unchristian and disgusting.
>> In order to assist you with this matter, we need the following information to be sent to Emily Varney at
I will not send anything to anybody.
You, Marcy L—obviously so ashamed of your work that you won't reveal your last name—YOU CONTACT evarney.
Do I make myself clear?
You and your thugs get the [VILE OBSCENITY DELETED] hell out of my life.
This is what you sent me:
On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:14 PM, CHRISTIAN MINGLE
❤ GOD created a match for YOU — see WHO now! ❤
And in case you don't hear me, I am god damned angry.
As an old-time direct marketer, I do careful research before I send an offer. If I were the marketing arm of Christian Mingle, I would spend a great deal of time researching prospects who fit the following three specifications:
- Single, widowed, divorced
- Over 18
That's it. Age is not a factor. Presence of children is not in the equation. Single, widowed and divorced Christians are easy to find.
Christian Mingle and its marketing partners did no such research.
You want a two-word definition of spam?
Takeaways to Consider
- Christian Mingle is a business model that is quite simply dirty, irreligious and stupid: We do some of our marketing through hundreds of affiliated marketers.These marketers send out invitations to join our site to the email addresses they have in their databases.
- "Hundreds of affiliated marketers" sending offensive, irrelevant e-mails in your name will be deeply hurtful to your brand.
- Because you are operating in the name of Jesus Christ, it does not give you the privilege of failing to obey the rules—written and unwritten.
- The written rule: make it easy and immediate to opt-out.
- The unwritten rule: research, research, research.
- Christian Mingle should change its name to Christian Mangle.
Denny Hatch is the author of six books on marketing and four novels, and recently published his latest title, "Write Everything Right!" Denny also is a direct marketing writer, designer and consultant. Visit him at dennyhatch.com or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.